- Serves 2
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
This is a simple fresh Egg Free, Gluten Free pasta recipe that can be used with the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker. All the ingredients should be easy to find in your local supermarket or health food store. The addition of a flax egg to bind the flours works well and I have it on record that this tastes similar to any regular wheat pasta – which in my mind is a win! We have combined it with a Tomato Pesto – the recipe for which is also posted!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1/4 cup Linseeds
- 50g Brown Rice Flour
- 50g Quinoa Flour
- 150g Buckwheat Flour
- 250ml Water
- *Prepare Earlier as this needs to rest for a good hour: Place the linseeds into a high powered blender and blend into a powder. Sieve into a bowl to get any large 'lumps' out - these can be blended again until you have enough linseed meal. Place 4 tablespoons of linseed meal into a small bowl or cup and add 12 tablespoons of warm water - leave this covered for a good hour so it can gel (similar to an egg white consistency).
- Place flours into a mixing bowl and stir before adding into the bowl of the Philips Pasta and Noodle maker.
- Stir in 3 tablespoons of water to the flax and water mix.
- Turn on the Philips Pasta and Noodle maker with your desired pasta shape disk and set to 10 minutes / 1 cup. As the machine mixes the flour add the flax and water mix into the top of the machine - use a fork to encourage the mix into the barrel. A forward and backward motion along the inlets should do the trick. Keep going until all the flax water mix is in the barrel.
- Extrude and cut to your desired length. Boil water on the stove and cook until al dente.
This recipe uses an egg replacer known as a flax egg - you can make a single flax egg using 2 tablespoons of linseed meal and 6 tablespoons of water using the method above to create a gel before cooking.