- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This poached pair recipe is a really easy dessert that looks impressive and tastes delicious as well.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups Red Wine - I used merlot but don't think it matters
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Caster Sugar
- Pinch Dried Cloves
- 1 Teaspon Vanilla Essence
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 4 Firm Pears - I used Packham, variety is fine as long as firm
Notes... I was reminiscing about an amazing Sunday lunch I had recently with some fabulous friends. I had the most amazing dessert of Poached Pears. I think I have been hungry all day so as per usual, thoughts of food have filled my brain. I decided at some stage today to re-create the dessert I had which was pears and I was suitably impressed. I have to thank god though that I only made four, as I was tempted to eat them all.
- Peel the pears, leaving the stalk intact.
- Combine the wine, Vinegar, Sugar, Cloves, Vanilla and Cinnamon. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Add the pears side down and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, turning the Pears every 10 minutes or so, for an hour to an hour and a half or until pears are tender. If the sauce reduces too much in this process, just add water a tablespoon at a time to ensure there is sufficient liquid.
- Transfer Pears to a bowl.
- Increase heat to high and bring syrup back to boil. Stir occasionally until reduce to a consistency that you like.
- Pour over the pears and set aside to cool.
Recipe Spiced red wine poached pears
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.