Give your kids the power of super play with these fun, easy and delicious Salmon Frittata Muffins! Great for lunchboxes, your kids can take these on the go at recess to power their playtime.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 muffins)
- 1 Tassal Tassie Fresh Super Salmon fillet, skin-off
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 medium purple sweet potato, peeled, diced into 1cm cubes
- 4 medium mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, shredded
- Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and grease an 8-cup muffin tray with 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick fry-pan and cook the salmon fillets for approximately 10 mins, turning once. Once cooked, using a fork, gently flake salmon into a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and set aside. Microwave the sweet potato until tender (remember to add some water to your microwave safe bowl first) and drain well.
- Evenly distribute the mushrooms, spinach, sweet potato and salmon amongst 8 muffin cups. Pour over the beaten egg.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 15-20 mins until cooked through, then plate and serve.