Between packing school lunches, getting to and from soccer practice, and going to work, it can be seriously challenging to get a new satisfying and delicious dinner on the table each night.
This simple and delicious recipe will reinvigorate traditional weeknight dinners whilst saving time at home, courtesy of Chef Ryan McBurney.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 600g Cleaver’s organic beef rump strips
- 2 bsp Vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tbsp Lemongrass paste
- 2 Limes, juiced
- 100mL Sweet chill sauce
- 60mL Fish sauce
- 2 tsp Caster sugar
- 150g Mixed leaf salad
- 1 Carrot, peeled, grated
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Season beef with salt and pepper. Bring half the oil to high heat in a wok, adding half the garlic and lemongrass, then half the beef and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and tender. Set aside on a plate. Repeat process with remaining oil, garlic, lemongrass, and beef.
- To make the dressing, whisk lime juice, sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, and sugar in a bowl.
- In another large bowl toss mixed lettuce, carrot, and coriander. Mix half of the dressing with the beef in the wok and drizzle the remaining dressing over the salad, tossing to coat.
- To serve, divide the salad between plates and top with beef.