Every time you whip up a batch of Vegetable Fritters, experiment with different vegetable combinations … a delicious and healthy breakfast everyone will enjoy xx
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 600g Combination of grated or diced vegetables (see notes)
- 1/2 Cup Basil Leaves, chopped
- 1 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Self-Raising Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 1 Large Tomato, diced
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Place vegetables, basil and cheese in a large bowl.
- Sift flour over vegetables and mix to combine.
- Pour milk into a jug, add eggs and whisk together with a fork. Add to vegetables and stir well.
- Heat a large non-stick frypan over medium heat and spray with oil. Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture around the pan and spread each to about 8cm diameter. Cook for 2 minutes or until firm and golden. Flip and brown on reverse side for 2 minutes.
- To make salsa, combine avocado, tomato and lime in a bowl.
*Vegetable options include: zucchini (squeeze out excess liquid), corn, capsicum, sweet potato, carrot, pumpkin, potato, peas, or leek. *If you aren’t a fan of basil, you could use coriander, chives, parsley or thyme, or you could also just leave it out. *My 8 month old loves this for breakfast, I serve my salsa chunky but I mash hers onto her fritter before serving it.