These make great seasonal gardens
- 1 Wooden packing crate (ask at your local tile shop, they generally just throw them out)
- 1 Piece of mesh, I used an old net from a trampoline but you could use shade cloth too
- 1 Heap of garden soil
- Plants of your choice
- Line your crate with the mesh (or shade cloth)
- Fill with dirt and plant out selected plants (keep in mind fast growing plants are best)
- In time the timber will begin to break down as packing crates are generally only pine, for this reason I usually only plant fast growing and producing plants; lettuce, corn, capsicums etc, when the season has ended just compost the lot!
If you seek your materials out well it should not cost you anything!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: