This sensory play sand inspired by Pinterest is DIY, budget friendly, customisable and lots of FUN! It requires very little ingredients and it lasts a little while before you need to throw it out if kept in containers or covered up in a large tub.
- 1 Mixing Container
- 12 Cups Plain Flour
- 8 Cups Baby oil, vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Drops Optional food colouring
- Pour your flour into a mixing bowl and add your baby oil. Distribute until even and the flour feels soft and silky but crumbly at the same time. You should be able to press the sand together firmly and it will hold momentarily.
- To give the sand some colour add drops of food colouring to the baby oil. Mix the baby oil up a little before pouring it in. The colour will give the flour a speckled effect unless effort is taken to distribute evenly.
- You can experiment with different things such as glitter if you are confident your child won't mouth/ingest the mixture. I suggest large flakes of glitter as fine glitter can irritate the skin/eyes.