Sorry TMI, im 38 and have started getting heavy periods, with clots, some 50 c size.. I can flood a regular pad 3 times in 2 hours… going to get maternity pads next time. should I seek a gynae opinion? not keen on interventions

Want more real mum questions sent to you?

You'll need to check this email to complete your signup.
  • I’m a bit like that I can flood in 2 hours with one but it’s really quite different after having a baby maybe just not regular yet

  • My periods have changed a lot as I’ve gotten into my 30s. My last one worried me, was normal then a few days later I went to the toilet and blood gushed out, along with some small clots and one around the size of a credit card. It eased up after a few hours or so. Is yours heavy your entire period? I asked my doctor about it and he said it’s normal, so you could always just ask your GP.

  • I would suggest getting your iron tested to see if you are losing too much and affecting your iron levels

  • Please go see a gyno.
    I had very heavy periods with clots and was 8 iron reading. Had to take 2 iron tablets a day for 3 months to build up and had to skip the sugar pill to stop periods for a bit also.

  • My SIL had similar issues due to fibroids and it was so bad she became very anemic and nealy passed out a couple of times. Eventually she had no choice and saw a Gyno so the answer is YES.

  • thanks guys, wasn’t sure if its something that happens as you get old lol. Im on iron tablets as my level was 4? and my HB was a bit low. im sad as I cant donate blood anymore

  • Yep see a gynaecologist. I was having same issues, they can prescribe a tablet called tranexamic acid
    which you take during your period to help the heavy bleeding. It is a bit expensive but worth it. There is other options like a marina or ablation ( involves theatre) . It is awful hun am feeling your pain.

  • Absolutely get yourself checked out. If you are losing that much blood you will possibly be anaemic.

  • Hell yes go get done medical information. This is a big problem, not just healthwise but also as an inconvenience and big cost in your life. My daughter suffered heavy, irregular, painful periods. It only took a few visits to her gp to sort it

  • Definitely get an opinion so you know what’s going on and then at least you know what it is and what your options are.

  • I would definitely go and see your doctor. It’s better to know what’s happening than to ignore it.

Post your reply

To post a review please join us or login so we can allocate your points.

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating