This Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is easy to make, delicious and can be used as a base for so many yummy family recipes.
Pulled pork is such a crowd pleaser, think pulled pork sliders, loaded nachos and so much more.
What’s great about this Pulled Pork recipe, is that you only need a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
This recipe calls for spices such as paprika and cumin, to give your pork flavour and a bit of a kick. Combine those flavours with some sweet bbq sauce and mustard, and the job is almost done.
Perfect for a mid-week dinner, simply marinate the pork then pop it in the oven, slow-cooker or warming drawer (if suitable for low-temperature cooking) and let it do its thing for 6 hours. When you take the pork out of the oven, the result is beautifully pulled-apart pork that’s so tender you can easily shred it with a fork.
Add the juices all over your shredded meat, to return all the flavours that the pork was cooking in, and keep the meat soft and juicy.
What we love about Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is how versatile it is. You can use it for so many recipes, give it to the family for dinner, and then re-use it for leftovers the next day, or freeze your pork to make mid week meals even easier.
Want to see some winning recipes you can make with this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork? Click on the links below to get the recipes now.
- Get the Pulled Pork Sliders recipe
- See the Pulled Pork Shepherds Pie recipe
- Enjoy the Pulled Pork Soft Tacos recipe
This slow cooker pulled pork recipe base makes dinners simple and delicious.
Australian Pork has great taste and versatility. Add pork to your weekly shopping list or visit the Australian Pork site for more winning dinner ideas.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2.5kg boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and rind removed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups good-quality smokey (or hickory flavoured) barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Combine paprika and cumin in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub pork all over with the spice mixture.
- Place pork into a slow cooker. Combine stock, barbecue sauce and mustard in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly over pork. Cover and cook for 6 hours on high or until pork is very tender when tested with a fork.
- Turn off heat and stand for 20 minutes.
- Transfer pork to a baking dish. Shred pork with 2 forks.
- Stir 2 cups cooking juices through the pork.
- Use shredded pork immediately or chill in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.