1. When girls are babies, no matter how hard you try not to, you will dress them in pink. You will swear that you will be more adventurous, but eventually realise no-one sells it.
2. Girls will always, always, melt their daddys hearts which translates in to a lot of little presents for them and you will wonder at times where yours are.
3. Girls can always, always get what they want from their daddys because daddys are weak and easily manipulated.
4. Girls are manipulative to anyone not strong enough to see past their perfect little smiles. Which is almost everyone but their mums.
5. Girls will go through a princess phase where everything suddenly must have sparkles and they must wear a big fluffy dress with a tiara on. Just roll with it and don’t try to fight it. Take them to the fairy park, let them watch the movies and let them dress like a demented ballerina at the supermarket.
6. Girls are mentally smarter than boys a lot faster, but boys are more physically adept and daring than girls earlier. They eventually catch up, but often boys version of play makes girls cry. And girls play bores boys.
7. Girls can sit in peace and read a book or play with dolls without making a sound for quite some time. This will always amaze mothers of boys.
8. Girls will eat anything presented to them artistically, but can often go for days on what seems like air because nothing has engaged their senses. It’s a struggle and very trying, but lean in to your artistic side and something will get through.
9. Girls will go through a pony/cat/puppy phase. Don’t give in and buy any of them unless you are prepared to look after it in three months time for the rest of it’s natural life.
10. Girls love cupcakes. If nothing else is true in the above list, you must believe me. Cupcakes to girls are like diamonds to Elizabeth Taylor – you can get girls to do most anything with the promise of a perfect, tiny cupcake.
Posted by redsage, 29th May 2013