When our kids get pampered with lots of kinder joys or kinder eggs or kinder surprise (Whatever the marketing guys decide to call it!!) we end up with tiny toys with lots of bits and bobs all around the house under the term "it's our collection"
So after two years of going through this collection dump in our home, we decided to do this wreath DIY project, so the kids could see their collection and throw away things that no longer fit together.
This activity was great to keep kids away from their screen and engaged in some activity with a fruitful result in the end.
- 3-4 Shower Cap rings. Plastic white rings
- Multi-coloured toys found inside Kinder Joy chocolates
- hot glue gun
- Shower caps in dollar shops usually come with a white ring inside them. Bundle 3-4 rings together and tie it with some yarn. spread some hot glue on the yarn to make the wreath base stronger.
- Select big toys which are in good shape and colourful to be stuck on four directions of the wreath first.
- once all big toys are placed, fill in the gaps with small accessory pieces like butterfly rings, wings, shoes or bracelet charms. Let it dry, buff all the pieces so no dry glue strings are seen. Hang this wreath on the toy room door or window for the kids to look at their collection without making a mess !!
You can customise these wreaths with a theme of colours or characters suitable for boye or girls. I just simply used the best condition toys together.