A easy and fuss free FUN project allowing you to upcycle your chairs!
- 1 Old chair
- 1 Paint Brush
- 1 Good Quality Undercoat (Primer-Sealer-Stain Blocker)
- 2 litres Quality Bold Coloured Paint
- 1 metre Bold Coloured Fabric (depending on size of cushion on chair)
- 1 Fabric Wadding (if required to pad up chair)
- 1 Stapler or Fabric Tacker
- Undercoat chair with good quality undercoat (Primer-Sealer-Stain Blocker) I like to use Bulls Eye 1,2,3. Wait for it to dry.
- Apply 2 coats of your selected bold coloured paint. Wait to dry.
- Cover your cushion or chair pad just as you would a present, using your fabric tacker to secure the fabric on the bottom of the pillow. If required strategically place the wadding on first then fabric second prior to stappling / tacking to the base.
- Screw chair pad back to chair using screw driver or cordless drill.
My children needed desk chairs. So rather than heading out and buying new ones I decided to upcycle some chairs that I picked up second hand. I really love the bold colour scheme and the splash of colour they add to the room.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: