It’s The easiest slime recipe ever which gives you 3 activities in 1! Make Cloud Dough, Slime and Bubble Bath. The best part is it’s a cheap activity and you probably already have everything you need on hand. This is the perfect lockdown activity, giving kids hours of entertainment.
- 1/2 cup Shampoo (go with something cheap. I used a 3 in 1 kid shampoo)
- 2.5 cups Cornflour
- A few drops Food colouring
- Pour the shampoo into a bowl and stir in the food colouring until mixed together.
- Add the cornflour and stir until combined and there are lots of lumps in the bowl. It will be kind of chalky in texture.
- Add a tiny amount of water at a time (1-2 tbsp at most). And stir to combine. You can stop at a point when the mixture starts to firm up slightly so that you can shape it into balls (similar texture to cloud dough). We then use this for a number of dramatic play activities - e.g pretending to be archeologists by burying and digging up dinosaurs with a paintbrush, or pretending it’s the moon and dropping ‘space rocks’ (marbles) on the surface to create craters.
- When you’re ready to move onto the slime, keep adding water until it reaches a consistency with enough stretch that you’re happy with. It won’t be as thick as glue based slime, but on the plus side it’s easier to clean. Let the kids play with the slime however they wish - eg pretend it’s lava getting the dinosaurs, or just give them some kitchen tools and let them make their own fun.
- Continue the fun while also cleaning up by popping the slime mix and kids in the bath. Because of the shampoo, the slime will create lots of bubbles and the cornflour will wash away down the sink when you’re done.
1. Be cautious of how much food colouring you use if you plan to do a baths afterwards - I’ve never had an issue with changing skin colour but something to be aware of.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: