This activity can take as short or long as you like in time. You can even add paddle pop sticks to some fish and stage your own aquarium puppet theatre.
- 1 cardboard box
- or 2 paper plates
- coloured paper
- coloured cardboard
- crepe paper
- clear cellophane
- Assemble box but leave or cut out a section at the front for viewing.
- Cut out ocean creatures and hang them from string from the top of the box (inside).
- Make seaweed out of green and brown crepe paper. You can fold in a zig zag pattern or crunch the crepe for added effect. Hang from top of box and place some at the bottom of the box to represent the sea floor.
- You may wish to sprinkle with some sand on the bottom of the box(inside) or if this is to messy just place shells.
- You may like to paint or draw bubbles. Place a sunken boat or deep sea diver into your aquarium.
- Most of all have fun and be inventive.
- To make with paper plates. Cut the middle out of one paper plate. Use the second paper plate as the backing for the aquarium, this is the paper plate that you stick your fish and sea creatures onto. Now cover with second plate. You may wish to cover the entire paper plate with clear cellophane the choice is yours.
Children can have hours upon hours of fun with this simple craft idea.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: