‘Cheese & spinach’ = a combination loved by young & old! Create this easy peasy cheese and spinach triangles recipe, then watch them disappear into hungry mouths!
Makes 24 triangles
- 1 x 250g packet frozen chopped spinach
- 50g reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 cup 25% reduced fat grated tasty cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup onion finely diced
- ½ teaspoon crushed garlic (in jar)
- pinch of nutmeg
- 6 sheets filo pastry (Antoniou®)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven 200°C fan forced.
- To make filling: Defrost spinach and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. In a medium sized mixing bowl crumble feta, add spinach and all other ingredients except the filo pastry and cooking spray. Mix together well.
- To make triangles: Using one filo sheet at a time cut into 4 long strips, spray pastry with cooking spray. Place a tablespoon of mixture onto top corner of one strip then fold mixture over to other side diagonally. Continue folding diagonally until you reach the end of the strip. Coat a large baking tray with cooking spray, place triangle on tray. Repeat this method until 24 triangles are made. Coat with cooking spray. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately as the pastry will soften when cooled.
*RECIPE FROM SYMPLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE BOOK 4