- Serves 4
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
If you like the idea of including Cauliflower in your recipe repertoire but you’re not sure past Cauliflower Cheesy Bake, you are going to love this Cauliflower Recipe – Crunchy Cauliflower Nibble Mix.
So simple, so quick but packed full of flavour and as much punch as you like … you’ll be wheeling this recipe out as finger food nibbles or as a delicious side to any meal!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 8 - 10 Baby Potatoes (as small as you can find)
- 1 cup Whole Macadamias (salted or just roasted)
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper (add a little more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper (black is fine but I prefer white for this recipe)
Notes... If you're not a fan of macadamia nuts, you can easily switch out for almonds, walnuts, cashews ... any nuts really. Or omit the nuts altogether. You might also like to experiment a little with your flavours - sprinkle a little taco seasoning to make this a mexican side or break out some cardamon, cinnamon and cumin and this Crunchy Cauliflower Nibble Mix will complement any Indian dinner. You might even like to use this Crunchy Cauliflower Nibble Mix as a salad topper - let it cool a little then toss through a bag of spinach and rocket. Add some creamy fetta, goats cheese or labne (yoghurt cheese) and serve with lamb or chicken.If you'd like a little more inspiration on how to include Cauliflower - such a wonderful Autumn and Winter vegetable - here's a few MoM Member Recipes: Cheesy Cauliflower Patties Cauliflower Muffin Bites Vanilla Muffins with Cauliflower & Choc Date Frosting Cauliflower Pizza Base (if you're after an awesome low carb pizza base option) Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower (if you're after a deliciously traditional recipe) All these delicious recipes from MoM Members! Do you have a Cauliflower Recipe you'd like to share? Do you think you'll give this Crunchy Cauliflower Nibble Mix Recipe a try?
- This recipe is absolutely perfect cooked in an AirFryer - you get a crispness you won't get with any other method. But oven roasted is brilliant too - go for fan forced to keep the heat nice and dry. Preheat the Airfryer or the Oven to 190 degrees celcius.
- Wash the baby potatoes and lightly steam in the microwave or boil until they are just tender (this will even out the cooking time between the potatoes and the cauliflower). Pat the potatoes dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel. If you found tiny baby potatoes, leave them whole. If the potatoes are bigger than a 20 cent piece, cut them down until they are approx 3cm x 3cm.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets so that they are a similar size to the potatoes.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (spices, nuts and seasoning) and mix well.
- Then combine the cauliflower and potato and drizzle with olive oil and mix well. Then sprinkle the spice mix over the top and mix again.
- If cooking in the Airfryer, you'll be able to scoop the mix straight into the AirFryer basket and begin roasting. Cook for 15 - 25 minutes. Cooking time will depend on your airfryer, the size of your cauliflower and potato chunks and the level of crunch you are after. Check every 5 minutes, shaking the basket to get an even coverage.
- If roasting in the oven, spread over a large baking tray lined with baking paper - aim for lots of space between pieces for a 'dry' roast which will give you more crunch. Cook for 15 - 25 minutes (as in Step 6 above).
- Serve immediately with an extra sprinkle of sea salt.
Recipe Crunchy Cauliflower Nibble Mix
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.