These delicious mini snacks are bound to please the whole family.
Makes 12 balls
1/2 cup dried figs, chopped
1/2 cup plain, unsalted almonds*, dry roasted and chopped (see Tip)
1/2 cup brown puffed rice (available from the health aisle in supermarkets)
1/4 cup plain, unsalted cashews*
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup tahini*
1/4 cup sesame seeds
*Products available with the Heart Foundation Tick. Remember all fresh fruit and vegetables automatically qualify for the Tick.
- Combine figs and almonds in a food processor for approximately 1 minute or until mixture forms a medium-fine consistency.
- Add puffed rice and cashews and pulse for an additional 15 seconds.
- Pour maple syrup and tahini into mixture while the motor is still running, until mixture reaches a moist consistency that sticks slightly between two fingers.
- Using damp hands roll a heaped teaspoon into a ball and coat with sesame seeds. Repeat to make 12 balls.
- Store in airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 weeks.
Tip To dry roast almonds, preheat oven to 180°C, place almonds on a cooking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes.