A fantastic fruit balls recipe! A healthy dried fruit snack that’s great to pack in a lunch box, take in a picnic or have as a yummy snack in the morning.
Ingredients (Makes 40 balls)
- ¾ cup sultanas
- ¾ cup dried dates
- ¾ cup prunes
- ¾ cup dried apricots
- ¾ cup dried goji berries
- ½ cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Roughly chop all fruit then place in a strong food processor with all remaining ingredients except coconut.
- Blend until combined.
- Measure each ball to weigh about 20g per ball (about a dessertspoon) and roll into a round shape.
- Place coconut into a medium size mixing bowl then coat each ball in coconut.
- Repeat this until you have 40 balls.
- Best kept refrigerated.
FRUIT AND NUT BALLS
- ⅓ cup sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup raw almonds
Add to food processor when pulsing fruit, or replace any of the dried fruit with dried figs, dried apples, currants or raisins, but use the same quantities of dried fruit as listed in the ingredients.
*Suitable to be frozen.
This healthy dried fruit snack is high in B vitamins and minerals. If you would like to have two balls as a snack, select the plain fruit option as it is lower in calories.
|PER BALL||FRUIT||FRUIT & NUT|