- Serves 6
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A delicious vegetable risotto or base to any other risotto
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 500gms Pumpkin
- 3 Carrots
- 1 cup Frozen peas and corn
- 1 Onion diced
- 4 diced/crushed garlic cloves
- 1 litre Vegetable / chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp Olive oil plus extra for roasting
- 2 cups Aborio rice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Dice half the pumpkin and half the carrot - roast at 220°c with olive oil, salt and pepper for 20-30 mins or inter tender and roasted through.
- Steam or boil remaining carrot and pumpkin.
- Meanwhile put oil in large non stick pot then add onion and garlic. Stir in medium heat until translucent. Add rice. Store for a minute or two until rice is coasted in oil.
- Add stock/water 1 cup at a time. Allow stock to absorb between each cup.
- Add peas and corn.
- Mash the carrot / pumpkin you boiled or steamed and add to risotto
- Add roast veg. Mix.
- Serve with Parmesan