- Makes 25
- 55 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
This is one of the many delicious Austrian recipes I grew up with, having a mother who migrated to Australia from Austria.
Ingredients (makes 25 )
- 150g butter
- 150g flour
- 140g chopped or minced almonds
- 130g caster sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry or rasberry jam
- 1 egg
- dash cinnamon
- Mix the butter, egg and sugar in mixmaster or similar, until soft.
- Add cinnamon and plain flour and form a soft dough.
- Mix in the almonds and spread about 3/4 of the dough over a lined slice baking tray. (you may need flour on your hands to ensure the dough stays in the tray without sticking on your hands)
- Spread with the jam
- Garnish with the rest of the dough as evenly as possible. Brush with an egg yolk or some milk.
- Bake at about 150 degrees for 40 mins
- When a bit cool, cut into slices.
Instead of almonds, you could substitute with hazelnut meal