- Serves 12
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
Try these delicious Persimmon muffins next time you bake!
Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup ripe persimmon pulp, mashed
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Grease a 12-hole (1/2 cup capacity) muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients. In a small bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients then gently fold together until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix as this will create a tough muffin.
- Spoon the mix into muffin pan, bake for 15-18 mins or until the tops bounce back. Serve warm or cooled.
This recipe is courtesy of Persimmons Australia Inc.