Whilst I’m not a mum yet, I too have the need for quick midweek meals that are not only easy to make, but are delicious! Due to a demanding 9-5 office job (if only these hours were always true), I’m always trying to think of different ways to dish up a healthy & tasty dinner for my hubby & I. My Pork and Veggie Noodle Stir-fry is a fail proof recipe that just fits the bill.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- Pork 250g minced
- Grapeseed or Peanut Oil 1 tsp
- Ginger 1 large knob finely grated
- Garlic 1 crushed
- Red Long Chilli 1 finely sliced
- Kaffir Lime Leaves 2 finely slices
- Coriander 1 root & stalks finely chopped + 1 heaped TB leaves roughly chopped
- Red Onion ½ cut into wedges
- Green Beans large handful trimmed & chopped into 2cm pieces
- Red Capsicum ½ sliced
- Sweet Chilli Sauce 1 tsp
- Kecap Manis (Sweet Soy Sauce) 1 heaped TB
- Sesame Oil enough for a drizzle
- Hokkien Noodles 220g
- The key to a great stir-fry is to have all of your prepared vegetables, herbs, meat, sauces & noodles within easy reach to ensure a quick & seamless cooking experience.
- Firstly, heat a wok over a high heat until it starts to smoke slightly. A way to tell if your wok is hot enough to use is to throw a couple of drops of water in it & see if it sizzles immediately. If yes, you are now ready to stir-fry!
- Place the grapeseed oil in the wok, quickly followed by the ginger, garlic, chilli & coriander roots & stalks.
- Stir-fry for a minute, and then add the pork mince.
- Combine the pork mince with the ginger mixture.
- Stir-fry for 6 mins or until the pork is golden brown.
- Next, add the green beans & kaffir lime leaves & cook for 1 min.
- Add the red onion & capsicum & cook for a further minute.
- Now add the sweet chilli & sweet soy sauce, allowing it to bubble away for 30 secs.
- Throw in the noodles and toss to combine, ensuring all the noodles are coated with sauce.
- To finish off, drizzle a little sesame oil over the noodles & add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Give it one last toss & serve immediately.
- If you like you can also add more sweet soy sauce once served.