A really yummy cinnamon sugar cookie
Ingredients (makes 16 Cookies)
- 3 Cups Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 & 1/2 Cups White Sugar
- 1 Cup Softened Butter/Margerine
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 & 1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (For sugar topping)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (For sugar topping)
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line oven trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl cream the butter for about a minute, then add the sugar and cream together for another minute. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well together. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and cream of tartar. Slowly add the dry mix to the wet mix, using the electric mixer to combine. Combine the 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Take 2 teaspoons of dough and roll into a ball, and place on the tray. Toss a little of the sugar mixture on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Take out when still very soft and allow to bake on the tray until cool.
- Serve warm and with ice-cream, or eat alone