- Serves 4
- Makes 1
- 55 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 19 Ingredients
Tuna Vegetable and Chia Lasagne recipe perfect for the whole family to enjoy for a healthy Winter meal from Mandy Sacher; Paediatric Nutritionist and author of Wholesome Child
Recipe is Nut Free, Egg Free, Gluten Free
We’re giving away 10 copies of Wholesome Child Nutrition Guide & Cookbooks. ENTER NOW TO WIN!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 1 Lasagne)
- 1 tbs Coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large brown onion, finely diced
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 Medium carrot, grated
- 1 Medium zucchini, grated
- 2 cups (250g) Button mushrooms, diced
- 3 1/4 Cups (800g) Tomato passata or pasta sauce
- 1/4 Cup Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 425g Canned Tuna
- To Taste Sea Salt + Pepper
- 6-8 Rice lasagne sheets (or spelt for a non-gluten-free version)
- BÉCHAMEL SAUCE
- 3 tbs Organic, unsalted butter
- 1/3 Cup (40g) Arrowroot
- 3 Cups (750ml) Coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1-1 1/2 Cups (80-120g) Chedder Cheese, Grated
- To Taste Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and sauté onion and garlic for 2-3 mins or until soft.
- Add carrot, zucchini, mushrooms, passata, tuna and parsley and cook, covered, over low heat for approximately 15 mins, stirring occasionally. Season with some sea salt and pepper.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add arrowroot and whisk quickly to combine, then add milk, one cup at a time and cook until it thickens, whisking regularly.
- Stir in grated cheese, season with sea salt and set aside.
- In a medium-sized casserole dish, place the lasagna sheets, then the tomato and tuna mix, then béchamel sauce. Continue layering in this way with rest of the sheets and finish with a layer of béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle chia seeds over the top layer and bake in the oven for 35-40mins.