Hello!

18 Comments

It wasn’t me I know, and I can’t say that what saved me that day so i ask myself who saved me from the flames that particular day? I was just cooking meal and the I took a little break from beef to become tender so I lie down on the couch and started reading a newspaper… After sometime I thought to check it and took the newspaper with me because my toddler really liked munching on paper but what I did wrong was that u put it near the stove. It caught a little flame as I took the lid off which suddenly started to increase. I couldn’t think if anything but my ill bub. What if wood over the stove catches fire… I just wanted to get out of my kitchen. Infact I wanted to get out if the house so that nothing happens to my boy. I ran to the front door holding the paper in my hand. The wind made it burn even faster, another mistake. And I didn’t even thought that what if the door is locked? Because hubby went on work every day, locking the door because I was asleep at that time. I did had spare keys but did I had time? No and thank goodness the door was open too. Do I ran outside and as soon as I got out, the flame reached my hand, I felt it and threw it. It was finished. Both ge paper and the fire. But even when I think about it today I feel how foolish it was and almost like a suicide. I mean what was I thinking. May be I thought as a mother only about my child and not caring at all that I catch fire. But what would happen to him after ne. And what memories. But most of all who saved me. I really ask everyone to be more careful and not insane. I know at times we don’t have much to think if but there is someone watching over us. And most of all I should’ve simply put the paper under the Tap in the kitchen and run some water which I hope everyone does, right?


Posted anonymously, 25th February 2014


Post your story
  • Yes, dump it in the sink and run the tap.

    Reply

  • Your first thought for your child is a mother instinct… its hard to fight instinct

    Reply

  • stories are great to read


    • A story such as this could have been really tragic.
      It is NOT a great story to read. Time to start making contructive comments.
      If using a fire extinguisher it is best to make sure it is suitable for electricity ones too. I always have my keys where I can grab them even though I can get out a door without them.

    Reply

  • In situations like that, it can be hard to think straight.

    Reply

  • Hugs! Soe times these things happen just thank goodness you are ok and everyone else is! X

    Reply

  • So scary for you. If you don’t have a fire blanket a damp towel put over a kitchen fire stops the fire getting more air. I keep a towel in the kitchen.

    Reply

  • Im glad you and bub are ok and in those situations sometimes we don’t think straight until after…

    Reply

  • thank you for sharing, it does make you think to at least work out a plan in case of a fire emergency

    Reply

  • oh my, glad it turned out OK and everyone was safe

    Reply

  • A good warning for others. I’m glad it worked out ok and you weren’t hurt. Very scary.

    Reply

  • wow thats scary glad everything ok

    Reply

  • wow scarey and your right

    Reply

  • gosh!!! how close !!! glad everything turned out ok

    Reply

  • It is always hard to remain calm in an emergency but also a good idea to have fire blankets too

    Reply

  • How scary, will definatly rethink things now ill bet

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join