As parents, we are always concerned about the safety and comfort of our children. We want them to have the best of everything.
But there are times when we as parents are also busy. Busy with looking for ways to provide for them and juggle that with all the responsibility that we have around the house or our work place.
Every parent will have to decide on what stroller or pram to purchase when they are having a baby, there are a lot of considerations depending on what you will mainly be using the stroller for. Perhaps a daily walk or run, shopping or just a casual walk to the park.
There are many types of baby strollers available for sale. There are baby strollers with designer labels or generic ones, there are many designs, sizes and colours to choose from.
Here are some helpful tips for selecting the perfect baby stroller:
- Ensure that the baby stroller fabric is sturdy and balanced. Remember, it is an alternative to holding your baby so you want it to be as comfortable and careful as your arms. Choose a sturdy material so it will last longer as you will have to use it for a few years or more. Make sure that the wheels are also balanced to avoid any wobbles.
- Minimise, or if possible to avoid, any hard or sharp materials on your baby stroller. Some baby strollers or prams are made of steel, which makes them sturdier, just double check for any hard or sharp surface around the area where your baby will be sitting or lying down.
- Choose the appropriate stroller that matches your daily activities. If you and your baby love to go out and go around town or the park, you will want to choose a baby stroller with a hood and/or umbrella that is either detachable or foldable. Great for keeping the summer sun off your baby. Or if you plan on walking or running with your stroller you will need to get a more robust pram suitable for this with strong wheels and a strong frame to take the bumps along the way.
- Choose the baby stroller’s design and colour. This is the best part in buying a baby stroller. Commonly, the design is already on the seat quilted cover or the umbrella of the stroller but these are mostly inclusive when you buy them. Quilted covers can be changed, so this is where you can add the design or pattern you want.
- Easy to collapse and put up. This is important because when you have finished at the shops or the park, ideally you need a stroller that is simple and quick to put down and pop in the boot.
Do you have any other tips when buying a stroller? Share in the comments below.