Votive candle holders. Beach house decor.
- 3 Empty candle glasses (these are glade)
- 1 Off cut of burlap or canvas
- 3 metres Twine
- 2 Buttons of choice
- 1 Superglue
- 3 Tealight candles
- 1 pair Scissors
- Clean your glasses if they still have residue from old candles. An easy way is to set them in the freezer for 10 minutes this makes the wax easier to remove. Give them a warm soapy wash and dry.
- Cut roughly 20cm piece of twine and using a square cut of canvas or burlap hold it on your glass whilst you wrap your twine around to hold it in place. When you get to an even length to tie, add a button and knot your twine to hold button and burlap in place.
- Cut another piece of twine roughly 20-30cm. Place your twine evenly around your glass and once you get to the ends tie a knot in the front. Trim ends to neaten.
- Cut another length of twine roughly 20-30cm. Starting with one end of twine place a touch of super glue on your glass and start wrapping the twine around your glass. Once you get to the end glue down to the existing twine. Then glue on your remaining button.
- Set up on your bathroom window and light when you get mummy me time and have a relaxing spa bath! You could use scented tea lights for a better effect!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: