The strawberry roses are a great way to say “i love you” this Valentines without having to worry about your waist line!
- 5 Strawberries
- 5 Straws / skewers / fake flower stalks
- 1 small sharp knife
- a little patience
- First of all wash your strawberries
- Now start off by cutting the 4 bottom "petals" - don't cut too deep and try to do a the slice thick enough it won't break away and thin enough to still make you other tiers. (If you imagine the rose is a square you cut into the four corners)
- The second row of petals need to be on an angle to the first so you are cutting between the gaps in the first row of petals (see image above)
- Work your way with the rows of petals to the top of the strawberry then you can push them down sightly so that they fan out like a rose
- Add your stalk, stem or straw (don't push too far in or it will all fall apart)
- Repeat to all your strawberries and VOILA - a bunch of valentines day strawberry roses!
Be gentle and patient! Try not to use any weird shaped strawberries as they don't look so good :)
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: