A rustic way to make your table look might fancy for a dinner party. You can re-cycle hessian bags too and use whatever flowers are in season. Great for a garden party, christmas or just a birthday – change the colours to suit the event!
- some hessian cloth / rustic linen
- a reel of twine
- sprigs of lavender/branches or cute flowers
- 1 can orange spray paint
- vintage cutlery
- Cut your hessian / cloth down to napkin size.
- fold over to look like picture above and rest cutlery on top to hold.
- lay out your flowers on the newspaper and spray with the orange paint (do this outside or in a well ventilated area - if outside watch the wind isn't blowing towards anyones washing house or car :)
- once dry - turn and spray the other side.
- Now lay the sprigs of flowers on the hessian next to the cutlery and tie up with twine to finish.
Gold looks great at christmas, mixed up pastel tones look good for a baby shower. You can spray anything - I once did gold grapes for each setting - looked ace - but now the toddled would try and eat them so flowers are safe!
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: