A great DIY tutorial for how to make a floral headband. Great for teenage girls to wear, I have seen these with day of the dead, sugar skull face paint and they look really cute. I also made a very special one for a bridesmaid!
- 2/3 silk or fake flowers (wire centre ones are really handy but any will do)
- some nice material
- a length of plastic tubing (i used an old hose pipe)
- 1 glue gun + glue sticks
- Cut your hose pipe / plastic tube down to length so it fits (loose ish as the fabric will make it a bit tighter)
- Glue gun the ends together so it forms a circle.
- Now if you have a wire centre to your flower you can wrap it round the hose otherwise cut off most of the stalk leaving about an inch and glue the stalk with the flower to the tube
- wrap the cloth round the piping and finish up by binding round the flower head. Tie in a knot or glue gun the end - I often glue down the end then wrap a scrap of fabric over the top which I tie really tight so it doesn't unravel.
- Your done - You can now wear/ add glitter to make it extra special
You can use a selection of flower types and even recycle an old floral broach.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: