A great little tutorial for how to make little love heart gift tags that can also double up as Christmas tree decorations
- 1 needle and thread
- 1 handful of lavender seeds
- some red or pink fabric (I used chequered as I had an old table cloth to use)
- a reel of red, white or pink thread
- your gift and wrapping ribbon or ribbon if you want to make as a decoration
- Draw 2 identical heart shapes on the underside of your fabric - trace off a template and or draw round a cookie cutter.
- Cut around the 2 heart shapes about 1/2 cm outside your drawn lines
- Lay the hearts together with the outside fabric facing in (you will turn it the right way round - don't worry)
- Stitch along the drawn lines that go around the edges of the heart leaving the top open
- Turn the right way round
- fill with lavender
- Insert the ribbon into the top
- stitch in the ribbon as you stitch the top of the heart ( if you are making as a hanging decoration then stitch as a loop)
- hang on a tree or attach to your wrapped present
You can make huge ones of these to use as draw scents. I also have a big one hanging on the edge of my bed so I can sleep well.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: