I only get one season out of my loofah vines but you usually get enough fruit to last the year!
- 1 Loofah vine
- 1 20ltr laundry bucket with a lid
- 1 Pair of scissors
- Grow your loofah vine in a sunny area with something for it to climb, a tree or trellis is ideal, this vine likes heights!
- You can either let your Loofahs dry on the vine or ideally cut them down when the sound hollow but have not yet turned brown (if they dry on the vine or are left to go brown they stain)
- Pop your Loofahs once cut down into the laundry bucket filled with water and secure the lid on, leave this to sit for at least 4 days (*note this will get smelly! I once used an esky....once) after 4 days or when the flesh has fallen from the loofah wash well with water and leave in the sun to dry.
- Once your Loofahs are dry you can cut them to size or use whole! Treat it as you would any body sponge, rinse and dry after each use!
These are a beautiful natural body sponge, great for exfoliating and general washing
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: