Growing seeds into Hair for your recycled Pot heads…These are fun to make and teach resourcefulness and recycling. Also children LOVE to grow things and have much pride in doing so. Also they are more willing to try something they themselves have grown.
- 1 or more Empty plastic bottles (softdrink ones are pictured)
- Potting Mix
- Seeds (chives are used in picture)
- Lids (softdrink lids and milk bottle lids are used in picture)
- Googly eyes
- Hot glue Gun
- Cut the bottles in half, make sure the edge doesn't have any spikes that could cut little hands.
- Make some holes in the bottom on the half bottle, Use a drill, or knife. PLEASE ENSURE this is done carefully by an adult.
- Make the faces! Use the lids and eyes to make fun faces, be CAREFUL with the glue here.
- Once the faces are dried (better left overnight to make sure they are ready to get wet) Pour in the potting mix and sow your seeds. We found Chives are perfect hair for your faces, but you can always look around and experiment.
- LOOK after your pot heads. Water regularly as the pot heads are small and won't hold much moisture.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: