A great fun way to make a piece of art for the walls at home without it having to ruin your interior style! We did this for Fathers day.
- 1 canvas (I bought a beige one to go with our decor)
- 1 roll of baking paper
- 1 plate / palette
- 1 newspaper
- 1 set of paints in your choice of colours (I advise one light and dark of the same colour + a third contrasting colour)
- 1 compass / something circular so you can draw template
- 1 scissors / craft knife and board
- roll masking tape
- First get ready for any mess and lay down newspaper
- Now use your compass / circular object to draw a circle on your baking paper.
- Cut out the circle using either scissors or a craft knife
- lay on the canvas where you want it to sit and stick with a little masking tape
- Stick baking paper over any revealed places on the canvas outside of the circle to avoid any paint getting on it.
- add your paint colours to a plate and let your kids dab on the spots. I have 3 kids so they got a colour each.
- Allow to dry and remove baking paper - careful not to damage the canvas when you remove any tape.
If you don't like bright colours this also looks great with a gold, a black and a glitter paint.
You can also cover the canvas in your own fabric if you want it to match your cushions etc.
Want other brilliant projects sent to you?
You might also like…
This project was posted by: