An easy snack to make for hungry little ones and adults enjoy too. And a good way to use up 3-4 day old bread
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250gm Kraft Cheddar Cheese ( grated )
- 1 Egg
- 50mls Worcestorshire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Melted butter
- 2 slices Bacon ( diced or cut into small pieces)
- 7-8 Slices of bread ( 3-4 day old bread better)
- Set oven temp to 180 degrees. Mix cheese, egg, sauce and butter in a bowel to make a thick paste
- Cut the side crusts off your 7 -8 slices of bread, then spread the paste evenly ( not too thick) over each slice of bread.
- Once covered in the cheese paste, you can then cut the slices of bread either into halves or fingers. I usually cut them into 3 fingers. And then place evenly spaced onto an oven tray
- Place a few pieces of bacon on top of each half or finger. You don't have to do this step. One of my grand kids doesn't like the bacon on top so I don't put the bacon on hers.
- Place in oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Cheese on top needs to be a golden brown. Then take out and serve.
I use to cook these for my children and now I cook them for my grand children.