The whole family will enjoy this fried rice recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 1 cup Rice
- 150 grams small cocktail prawns
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1⁄2 cup corn spears
- 4 spring onions sliced thinly
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup red capsicum diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (G.F)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (G.F)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Optional: sliced chilli and bean sprouts
- Prepare rice as per instructions on pack.
- In a non-stick frying pan add vegetable oil, lightly beaten egg and cook through. Remove egg from pan and slice into strips.
- Add sesame oil, heat gently, add prawns, red capsicum, peas and cook until tender.
- Add spring onions and corn spears. Add soy sauce and curry powder to pan and toss to coat vegetables.
- Toss in Rice and heat through. Remove. Gently add egg to rice.
- Remove pan from heat and add sesame oil.
- Add bean sprouts for extra texture or fresh sliced chilli.