This is a delicious recipe, however you may add more black pepper if it is for adults only.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 4 Stuffed calamari)
- 1 cup washed long grain rice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can diced tomato
- 4 calamari tubes cleaned (keep the tentacles)
- 2 cups boiled water
- 10 toothpicks
- 1 bunch parsley
- In a saucepan fry the onions and garlic in the olive oil. Once they are soft add 1 tomatoe that is diced. Keep frying and then add the long grain rice along with the black pepper and salt. Add the 2 cups of boiling water and allow to cook until the water has evaporated and set aside to cool. (The rice should be semi cooked)
- Stuff the calamari with the rice filling, making sure it isn't too full. Secure the tops with two toothpics so that the content doesn fall out while cooking.
- In another seperate pan heat oil and fry the calamari on both sides. Once fried add the can of diced tomatoes as well as the tentacles. and cook on low heat for 30 minutes. Once the sauce has thickened decorate with parsley and serve with a wedge of lemon. You may need to remove the toothpick and slice to serve.