- Makes 5
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A cheap and incredibly easy dip, suitable for parties and bbq's, or as an accompaniment to veggie pieces for lunch or snacking. Freezes and defrosts very well, so handy to make a batch and freeze, then defrost if you're going somewhere and want to take a dip.
Ingredients (makes 5 x 200 gm dip containers)
- 1 kg Butternut Pumpkin
- 3 teaspoons Vegetable Stock Powder
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilli Powder
- 2 tablespoons Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Peanuts (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- Cut pumpkin into small chunks, removing rind and seeds. Mix stock powder in 3 cups of water in a large saucepan, and add pumpkin chunks. Boil gently until well cooked, then drain & cool pumpkin slightly.
- Place pumpkin in a blender with remaining ingredients & mix well. You may prefer to blend the ingredients in a large bowl with a "stab blender". Do whatever works better for you.
- Place "pate" in containers & refrigerate. Sprinkle with chopped chives, spring onions or parsley. Serve with toasted pita bread or chopped celery & carrots.
***Can be made with less peanut butter/peanuts/oil, for a healthier dip. Other herbs and spices can be added, according to your personal preference, along with the amount of garlic and chilli that you add. Freezes well.