- Serves 4
- Makes 4
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This recipe is a great option for when the kids’ tummies are rumbling and time isn’t on your side. It’s a nutritious option that the kids will love, featuring the delicious taste of Peanut Butter in a satay sauce with chicken and noodles – super simple and super tasty!
This recipe was provided by Tracey Morter for Mayver’s.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 bowls)
- 4 chicken thighs (approx 500g)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 packet dried, flat rice noodles
- 4 tbsp Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp sesame oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ red capsicum thinly sliced
- 12 snow peas
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Chop chicken thighs into bit sized pieces. Heat a large frypan with olive oil and fry the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes, until browned and just cooked.
- Cook rice noodles until just tender to bite (between 2 – 5 mins depending on thickness of noodle), then drain and rinse well with cold water. Put aside.
- In the meantime, in a medium sized bowl, whisk together the Mayver’s Smooth Peanut Butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and chicken stock until combined.
- Add the capsicum and snow peas to the chicken in the frypan and tip the sauce mixture over, stirring and combining until it’s heated through and bubbling.
- Add the rice noodles to the frypan and combine, coating all the noodles with the sauce.
- Serve in bowls with a sprinkle of spring onions and sesame seeds.
If you prefer a little more texture and crunch, use Mayver’s Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter.