Discover a sweet way to enjoy SlendierSlim with this delicious alternative to the family Winter favourite. A warm and feel-good desert that is low in calories but big in flavour, try for yourself this rice pudding recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 250 grams SlendierSlim Konjac Rice
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Natvia natural sweetener 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup extra milk
- Pistachios to garnish
- Prepapre SlendierSlim Konjac Rice as per instructions on pack and set aside.
- Add 2 cups of milk to pot and place on gentle heat.
- Add Natvia natural sweetener and vanilla essence to pot and stir; reduce heat. 4. Combine cornflour and extra milk in small bowl, mix to form paste.
- Add konjac rice and cornflour mixture to pot and stir.
- Gently stir until mixture thickens.
- Divide equally into four small bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Serve warm or refrigerate to cool
Nutritional information per serve: Energy 510 kj (122 Calories), Protein 5.2 g, Fat 1.8 g (Saturated 1.2 g), Carbohydrates 16.7 g (Sugar 8.3 g), Sodium 80.5 mg
Recipe by Mai V. Haven for SlendierSlim
Mai V. Haven is the face at the forefront of healthy-living brand, SlendierSlim, as well as the brains behind the business. Four years ago, Mai noticed that her husband Ray had begun to stack on the kilos as a result of indulging in an unhealthy diet. Thinking back to her childhood in Japan, Mai remembered her mother cooking with a product called Konjac – an Asian root vegetable – which she ate to maintain a slim figure. And so, the idea to launch a Konjac-based pasta, noodle and rice product was hatched.