Let’s start at the beginning of this year. We had so many plans and so many things to look forward to.
Then a few small things were going wrong. But was nothing to worry about. So here is a list of the MAJOR things that have happened to my little family this year.
1) My daughter got sick. At first we thought it was gastro, but it lasted over 48hours and she wasn’t on the mend at all. So my Mother in law (who is a GP) told us to take her to hospital one night when she went really down hill. So a few horrible sleepless nights, my daughter tugging at her feeding tube and blood test we found out, they found a stomach ulcer caused by some form of bacteria. So she went onto antibiotics for it and she made a recovery.
2) The second thing that happened to us; was our house flooded. Yep you read right. A hose in the bathroom upstairs had a teeny tiny split in it enough to cause $1000’s of dollars of damage within a few hours. It could of been alot worse if we didn’t wake up as soon as we did. The water got into all the electrics and into the house alarm. When power is cut the alarm normally runs off its own battery power. But the water got into the alarm box and blew it out and set the alarm off. By the time we woke up to the alarm we got out of bed to just under inch of water. Came down stairs and the water was coming through the lights and the ceilings. My oldest daughter explains it to other as “it was raining inside.” She’s spot on though it was ‘raining’. Anyway to make a loooong story short, the owner of the house had rental insurance and 15weeks later we were able to move back into the house. As far as our stuff. Well the other thing that was damage was the girls belongings; such as toys, dolls house, baby keepsakes etc. Which would be partly replaced by santa at Christmas time IF the next thing didn’t happen.
3)Our dog was poisoned. We caught the person on the houses video seveillance that looks into our driveway at the gates. We went out to dinner that night after we dropped our daughters off at nannies house. When we got back at 8pm everything seemed fine. But later that night something about our dog didn’t seem right. I woke my partner up and he rushed our dog to a 24/7 Animal hospital. Where they pupped his stomach and found snail bait. In the morning we looked out side and saw where this person had slide a full box of snail bait under the gate. Then we looked back at the cameras and found that it was a person who lived two houses down from us. With the encouragement from the vet who took care of Jay and others we contacted the police. But sadly the person was issued with a warning. No laws to protect our dog. No justice for Jay. All we were left with was a very scared dog, who made a full recovery, a $3000 vet bill (all of our savings) and a bitter feeling towards this person.
So all up it hasn’t been a good year. And after everything can’t really blame me for wanting it all over and done with.
Posted by missemzy, 16th September 2013