Hello!

You all hear the horror stories of labour and think it’s never going to happen to you. That’s what I thought too. I had to be induced a week early as I suffered from gestational diabetes so I went in on the Saturday before my due date which was Sunday the 10th of April and the chose to do the slow release way first with the tampon thing so I thought by Sunday morning my second princess would be here but they came around that morning to check and I was to,d it did nothing my cervix was still all the back back but it was softening so the next attempt was the gel after a night of applying the gel they checked again on the Monday to be only 1 cm dilated but my cervix was still at the back. So that afternoon they discussed me the ballon method and took me around to a room so I could decide if I wanted that option or just get it over with a c section. After a long discussion with the doctor and my partner I decided the c section as I was sick of all the prodding and pain but that all changed because a midwife made me feel that wasn’t an option so the balloon it was. 12 hours later the balloon came out and it had only made me half a centimetre dilated and guess what my cervix was still at the back. After a lot of talking I was taking to the delivery suite Tuesday morning and they told me I was going to be taken to theatre for a c section so we all got pre pared only to have another doctor decide she’d break my waters even though the cervix was still at the back. So they did that while I sucked on the gas and cried uncontrollably. A few hours later I was fully dilated so we decided it was time to push but nothing was progressing. The doctor came back to check what wS happening and realised my bubba was facing up and not down so they decided to try and turn her first with a ballon that didn’t work so next cam the forceps. I had opted for the epidural and even though I had that giving me pain relief I still felt that pain. After two attempts and me in server pain the decided we would try again up in theatre only to get half way up there and they decided a c section was the way as she was too big to be pushed out as well. After a whole heap more epidural put in so I didn’t feel anything what seemed like a life time my second daughter was here weighing 8pounds 8. My partner and I finally got to see our baby girl. After all that my temperature went up to 85.5 so I was covered in wet cold cloths to try and bring it down and put on Iv antibiotics. After the long stay in hospital I was allowed home to be on antibiotics for two weeks. After finishing the antibiotics I was back in emergency the infection was back thankfully I was given the strongest dose of antibiotics and could go home. I then started getting pains in my stomach an ultrasound was organised and it found a gallstone so now I’m on a waiting list to see a surgeon. To top it all of my daughter ended up in hospital because she ended up getting the gastro virus and was dehydrated so a night in hospital and some fluids we was allowed home. Now we have all got a cold and hoping to get a break soon. If we decide on having another child I will definitely go in with my mind open knowing anything can happen.


Posted by Chelilly, 3rd June 2016


Post your story
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join