Wow, what I would give to live in a world where money was a ‘non-issue’.
The world has become such an expensive place!
Post Christmas we really struggled to catch back up. We didn’t go away anywhere (and haven’t been anywhere since) in an effort to save some money… But it just seems to be an uphill battle. Everyone I speak to is in the same boat… It seems everything is getting more expensive. You think you are going to have a good month and your power bill comes and puts you in your chair!
So all we can do is keep plugging along. Here are my biggest tips for attempting to get on track
- Make a budget (and stick to it!) Think before you spend (do you REALLY need it?)
- Minimise power and gas use (short showers, power points off at night, rug up in the cold, lights off)
- Embrace the great outdoors (my kids love playing outside and will choose it everyday over watching TV! And it’s free!)
- Embrace the ‘Chinese laundry’ (my husband read that the dryer costs around $10 per load! Wowzah)
- Beef mince is your friend… A staple in my kitchen which costs barely anything and creates big hearty meals
- Shop around…. By changing from woollies to Coles I have saved a bomb!
- Don’t be a brand snob. Food, clothes etc… There are some great budget options out there that are just as great as the expensive brands!
- Use local buy swap and sells to your advantage… Find some bargains and offload the things you don’t need anymore!
- Don’t stress…. You’ll get through this! If you are smart about this, you can be happy and tackle your money issues. This is something I tell myself every day!
We will be ok!
Posted by haldem337, 23rd April 2014