Hello!

13 Comments

My husband had a job that he flew in & out of Townsville 7 days out 5 days home.He was at work & this day everything was going so well I had taken the kids out for a day filled with fun & had them fed,bathed & ready for bed by 5pm & looking forward to watching a few TV programs once they were asleep.I decided to fill the dishwasher so filling the dipenser with Mr 3 beside me.”Lollie Mummy” he said and as quick as could be grabbed a handful of toxic dishwaher cleaner & ate it.I rushed him into the shower and half drowned him as I wahsed out his mouth then quickly to the GP.They couldn’t believe he did this but he was OK no burns or side effects.No matter how careful you are kids are so unpredictable.I never gave the kids junk food so I guess he really thought it was a lollie.


Posted by have a happy day, 21st October 2013


Post your story
  • That could have been so much worse,glad it all worked out and no harm was done!

    Reply

  • oh no, poor tot. I dread this kind of thing happening. It only takes a second!

    Reply

  • the couldunt bealve he did this

    Reply

  • great story to read

    Reply

  • exellent super story

    Reply

  • Such a simple thing and yet it neatly turned into disaster.

    Reply

  • It always amazes me just how fast a normal day can turn to an utter disaster. So glad your little fella was ok!

    Reply

  • I am glad your son is okay. Kids hand very quick to take something. Must be suoer careful next time.

    Reply

  • i had the same issue with a mothball my son was next to me when i opened the packet to pop in a wardrobe,he was so quick to grab one from me and pop in his mouth i quickly grabbed it out,but i was having a heart attack rang poisons info line but was not to worry as he hadn’t chewed and swallowed any.i think my hair went white straight away!

    Reply

  • So lucky everything turned out ok. Very lucky indeed.

    Reply

  • wow this is a good lesson to all mum put these products up and away

    Reply

  • Wow – kids can be so unpredictable. I once at 1kg of onions cause I thought mum was hiding the ‘lollies’ under the sink. Not dangerous, but more than a little gross. Glad your son’s ok

    Reply

  • So glad to hear he is OK. They are just so quick!

    Reply

Post a comment
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?
No picture uploaded yet.
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.
Your MoM account


Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join