So while travelling through Thailand I cam across an wonderful place where the Monks rehomed elephants so they worked 10% of the elephants doing rides and feeding photos and the other 90% would be rested in a sanctuary then after a month the working elephants rotated out to the sanctuary and another group would rotate in. They used the money raised from the working elephants to feed and look after the whole herd. So after several days visiting and feeding the elephants I finally plucked up the courage to ride an elephant – conflicted as I was as I don’t really love the labour element …so up the many stairs to the platform I go to get on the elephant…it was huge and a felt like a long way up … I get on the elephant just to hear the guide shouting at me to get off get off ??? he says we have to get you a bigger elephant …OMG I was only 75kg and 5ft 7 I looked around and other elephants had 3 people on them I was somewhat confused and embarrassed … so I got on the bigger elephant and all was well but I never understood why I needed a Bigger Elephant.


Posted anonymously, 23rd September 2019


Post your story
Like Facebook page

LIKE MoM on Facebook

Please enter your comment below
Would you like to include a photo?

No picture uploaded yet
Please wait to see your image preview here before hitting the submit button.

Your MoM account

Lost your password?

Enter your email and a password below to post your comment and join MoM:

↥ Back to top

Thanks For Your Star Rating!

Would you like to add a written rating or just a star rating?

Write A Rating Just A Star Rating
Join