1. Shop online. An extra charge is added to certain items. You may pay a dollar more than the same item in the supermarket.
2. Buy brand items. The major supermarkets provide their own brand on many items. There are also cheap brands that are not the supermarkets own. Remember, eye level is buy level.
3. Buying branded medications. The generic item is usually cheaper and contains the same active ingredients.
3. Ignoring the $2 shop. This shop stores many items that you wouldn’t think about. Spend some time in the shop to acquaint yourself with the stock before shopping elsewhere.
4. Paying for parking. There is always somewhere that is free to park but you must be flexible to walk or to move your car. If you are able/prepared to walk a few blocks to a hospital, you should be able to find free parking in the surrounding streets.
5. Not doing your research. Online may not be cheaper if you factor in the packing and postage fee. Read the small print.
Posted by deb_gs, 28th April 2015