Every year, teacher Erin Kurt asks her students what their mums do that makes them happy. Here are the top 10 answers.
“Year after year, in every country I taught, and in every type of demographic, the students were saying the same things and had the same message: It’s the small things that their mothers did that meant the most and that they remembered,” writes Kurt.
Publishing her findings in an article for Life Hack, Ms Kurt revealed the top ten things students remembered most about their mum.
10 things children love about their mums
1) Come into my bedroom at night, tuck me in and sing me a song. Also, tell me stories about when you were little.
2) Give me hugs and kisses and sit and talk with me privately.
3) Spend quality time just with me, not with my brothers and sisters around.
4) Give me nutritious food so I can grow up healthy.
5) At dinner talk about what we could do together on the weekend.
6) At night talk to me about anything; love, school, family etc.
7) Let me play outside a lot.
8) Cuddle under a blanket and watch our favourite TV show together.
9) Discipline me. It makes me feel like you care.
10) Leave special messages in my desk or lunch bag
I know my boys LOVE listening to stories of when I was little. While it makes me feel so old, it is cute to hear their responses to the stories.
What do your kids love you to do?
Share your comments below.