This healthy and hearty winter pho packed with nutrients, and is the perfect warmer when the temperature drops.
A Vietnamese soup dish, pho is typically a broth, rice noodles, herbs and meat and the beauty is you can use up anything you have in the veggie crisper!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300 g Beef (of your choice)
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 Limes
- 1 Ginger knob
- 80 ml Fish sauce
- 1 Coriander bunch
- 1 Mint bunch
- 5 Spring onion sprigs
- 250 g Udon noodles
- 100 g Bean shoots
- 1 Handful of fried shallots
- 1 tsp Raw sugar
- 60 g Bone broth (Nutra Organics)
- Put large pot on stove on high with oil. Add thinly sliced beef to pot. Removed once cooked.
- Boil 2L of water and add to pot.
- Chop ginger and garlic and add to pot.
- Add sugar, the zest of 2 limes, Bone Broth, fish sauce and juice of 1 lime to pot.
- Cook udon noodles in boiling water then add to pot.
- Finely chop mint and coriander.
- Combine all ingredients in serving bowls.
If you like spice, add chilli or Sriracha on top!