The Spring school holidays are almost here and the kids will want to get out and about. Here are 5 great things to do with the kids in Brisbane and surrounds.
- Festival: The Brisbane Festival is on again and includes over 400 shows, many suitable for kids. Prices vary and start at FREE for some events. On 3rd-24th of September.
- Science: Visit the brand new Luminarium Festival, running in both Brisbane and Caboolture, featuring wizards, monsters, space explorers, and more. Workshops are $45 for 2 and a 1/2 hours or explore the sparkling hub filled with short films and activities for just $5. Workshops are aimed at kids 6-12 years. On 22/23rd September in Brisbane and 26/27th in Caboolture.
- Lego: This a must see for all Lego lovers, the Lego expo will amaze both little and big kids. Prices start at $5 and must be bought online.
- Sport: Get the kids off the couch and out doing sport with the Griffith University’s school holiday sport programs jam packed with so many sports. Aimed at kids 5-13 years old. Runs on weekdays 19th-30th of September, 9am-3pm. $60 a day or book for a whole week for a discount.
- Rides: Head to Aussie World for a day of rides, shows, mini golf and lots of fun for the kids. You can buy a September super pass for $49 with unlimited entry until October 3! So you can go lots of times in the holidays.
Spring is also a great time to take a visit to the local park and beach and don’t forget to check out your local library and shopping centre for more fun school holiday activities for the kids.
What’s on your list to do this school holidays?
SHARE with us in the comments below
Image credit: Shutterstock