Houseplants are a great way to bring outside, inside. They add a breath of fresh air to any home, and can make a space feel more ‘alive’. Having green inside can also make you more relaxed.
So, how about you liven up your house today with these super hardy simple plants!
- Ponytail Palm
- The Ponytail Palm, also known as the Beaucarnea Recurvate, is a slow growing palm. They are easy to maintain, and shouldn’t be watered too often as their stems work off its reserves. This palm will throw a little bit of ‘tropical serenity’ into your home. Couple it with some white sand over its soil, inside a white, large pot, and you have a little beach inside.
- Mother In Laws Tongue
- This plant is tough to kill. A super low maintenance plant, it likes you to ignore it. These plants can go for over a month without water, and the geometric shape of the plants will suit a kitchen island bench very well.
- Cast Iron Plant
- This plant can survive in very low light, horrible soil, and a lack of watering. It is fine with a wide range of temperatures, so no need to worry about cold mornings or hot days. It can grow up to two feet high, and the leaves prefer to be left alone, so you can just let it be.
- English Ivy
- This beautiful vine is commonly grown as an outdoor ground cover. However, this plant can be used indoor very effectively. Place it somewhere where you can train the vines to grow, or flow in a downwards pattern over a table. However, this plant is poisonous if consumed, so be careful with it around kids.
- Boston Fern
- The Boston Fern is a beautiful, delicate looking plant, but don’t let its appearance deceive you. Given the right circumstances, this hardy plant can survive up to 3 decades! Grow it in a hanging pot plant, and allow its lacy leaves to grow, giving your home a beautiful country cottage feel
- Jade Plant
- If you aren’t the best at remembering to water your plants (who is with the kids running around all the time!) then the Jade plant might be just for you. This plant will survive for decades if it has a bright environment, and fairly consistent room temperature. This plant has beautiful leaves, and a seemingly random, but super cool looking stem.